Izzy wrote:
> I did a web search but could not find the book you
> are referring to about Hubert Lindsey.  Where do
> you find it?

I assume that the book Judy mentioned is "Bless Your Dirty Heart" by
"Holy" Hubert Lindsey.  The book is edited by Howard G. Earl, and
published by Logos International, Plainfield, New Jersey.  1973.  ISBN
is 00882700170.  There is a hardback edition whose ISBN is 0882700332.
The book is out of print and has been for some time.  It is hard to get.

A search on Amazon yielded 6 used copies, and a search on Barnes &
Nobles brought up 5 copies.  You can pay anywhere from $11.00 to $69.00
for this book.  Its original price was $1.95.  I was not so impressed
with the book myself, but then I knew Hubert personally.  Hubert was not
a writer, but an oral person.  He is one of the greatest preachers I
have ever known.  I have many of his sermons on CD which were
transferred from audio tape.  I don't agree with all that he taught, but
he would certainly make you think.

I first met Hubert in 1978.  In 1993 and 1994 when I began to preach on
the streets, Hubert was in a nursing home in Tampa. I was fortunate to
be able to visit him almost daily.  We even brought him to our home
church and had him share from a reclined position on a cot.  He was
blind then and paralyzed on one side of his body from a stroke.  He had
the entire New Testament memorized and two-thirds of the Old Testament
memorized, so his blindness did not hinder him from quoting Scripture
and preaching directly from the text without being able to see.  Hubert
passed away last March and a memorial was held for him in Ohio at
brother Jed Smock's campus ministers conference.

Peace be with you.
David Miller, Beverly Hills, Florida.