David Miller wrote:

> DaveH wrote:
> > I am just curious as to why some protesters feel
> > the need to be obnoxious while doing so.  Did Jesus
> > demonstrate in an obnoxious manner to those who had
> > dissimilar beliefs?
>
> Dave, society and government does not imprison people or crucify them if
> such persons were not considered "obnoxious" in some way.  Think about
> it.  Jesus was convicted of being seditious.

DAVEH:  A trumped up charge.......

"And Pilate, when he had called together the chief priests and the rulers and the
people, Said unto them, Ye have brought this man unto me, as one that peverteth the
people: and, behold, I, having examined him before you, have found no fault in this man
touching those those things whereof ye accuse him: No, nor yet Herod: for I sent you
to him, and, lo, nothing worth of death is done unto him."  Lk 23:13-15

.......and.......]

"And he said unto them the third time, Why, what evil hath he done?  I have found no
cause of death in him:....." vs 22

.........then, they released Barnabas, who HAD BEEN CONVICTED OF SEDITION........

"And he released unto them him that for sedition and murder was cast into
prison,......" vs 25

>  Realize that when you read
> the Scriptures, you are reading the positive side of the event.

DAVEH:  And that account does not to me portray Jesus as being obnoxious, even to his
enemies.  Are you suggesting the Bible does not accurately depict our Lord?

>  It would be like reading Carroll's account of a preaching event rather than
> Pagan Wolf's take on that same preaching event.
>
> All the apostles experienced problems with people complaining about
> their preaching and with authorities feeling the need to imprison them,
> whip them, and sometimes execute them.  Why?

DAVEH:  Because Satan motivated them to do so in an effort to thwart the Plan of
Salvation.

>  Do you really believe that
> it was because they were peacefully and quietly going door to door and
> talking with those who would invite them in?

DAVEH:  Yes, I do.

    Have you not preached on the street in a peaceful non threatening manner, and not
had some whacko want to do physical harm to you?

--
Dave Hansen