Sent: Saturday, December 06, 2003 11:14 AM
Subject: RE: [TruthTalk] Christmas Trees

Laura,

Can we hold off on the discussion of nativity sets until we have resolved this Christmas tree issue first? Do you really think that “what is pagan for some may not be pagan for others??? Isn’t this a classic example of humanistic moral relativism? The main question is not what someone “feels” is pagan.  (God doesn’t really care about our feelings when judgment day arrives, does He?) The question should be, I think, what does the Lord say is pagan? Can we discuss it from that angle? Ideas, anyone? How do we discover whether or not the Lord considers having a Christmas tree is an ungodly practice from the Lord’s point of view? Marlin has brought up this issue several times, and I think it would be a good thing to discuss as a group.

Izzy