David M.: "............Say what? Are you trying to say that I am a false Christ because I claim that Jesus is the Christ?..........."

Hello David M.,

I do not know whether Jesus was referring to you or not.  That is between you and Him.  I merely believe what Jesus said about those who would use his name after His departure to heaven.  He said that many coming in His name would deceive many.  For clarification, I refer to these scriptures.
MAT 24:24   {For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall
            shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if [it were] possible,
            they shall deceive the very elect.}
MAR 13:22   {For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew
            signs and wonders, to seduce, if [it were] possible, even the
            elect.}
MAT 24:5    {For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall
            deceive many.}
MAR 13:6    {For many shall come in my name, saying, I am [Christ]; and shall
            deceive many.}
LUK 21:8    And he said, {Take heed that ye be not deceived: for many shall
            come in my name, saying, I am [Christ]; and the time draweth near:
            go ye not therefore after them.}
Why do the many wish to learn the way of the heathen in order to remember Jesus?  The scripture says "Thus saith the LORD, Learn not the way of the heathen....." [JER 10:2]

Jesus did leave a record of something to do in remembrance of Him.  It had nothing to do with cutting down trees or celebrating his birth.  It instead focuses upon the tree upon which He was hung, upon His death, and upon His resurrection, His earnest desire to keep the Passover with His disciples, and His ascension to the Father on the wave sheaf day.
LUK 22:19   And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake [it], and gave unto
            them, saying, {This is my body which is given for you: this do in
            remembrance of me.}