Marlin wrote:
> Men seem to want to idolize the creation or themselves.
> This is the basis for every holiday that men have devised
> in opposition to the holy days and sabbaths that God created.
> God gives those who love not the truth over to strong delusion.
> ... the celebration of birthdays is actually foreign to the
> people of God.

Bah humbug.  We have seen this spirit of Scrooge before. What good thing
comes from it?

Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and
unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is
defiled. (Titus 1:15 KJV)

I'm looking forward to celebrating Christ's birth this year. It is a
wonderful time with the family.  I have a 13 foot Christmas tree all
decked out with lights and ornaments in my living room.  We will
exchange presents on Christmas day and tell about Jesus and his birth
and spread the joy of Christ around.  Praise the Lord.  Many
opportunities will arise to speak to others about Jesus Christ during
this wonderful holiday. Songs of glory and praise will be made unto
Jesus in public places and door to door. Glory be to God in the highest
for this opportunity to preach Christ to the world.  The atheists and
secular humanists are trying to outlaw Christmas and many Messianics
join them, but they will not prevail because Jesus is the Christ and
mere men cannot stamp out the Spirit of Christ. Jesus is Lord of the
Christians and the secularists.  As long as believers in Christ have
breath, we will declare his birth, his ministry, his death, his
resurrection, and the judgment to come.

Marlin wrote:
> The scripture shows that there would be false Christs,
> even those who claim that Jesus is the Christ, and yet
> would deceive many.

You say that there would be false Christs who claim that Jesus is the
Christ and yet would deceive many? Say what? Are you trying to say that
I am a false Christ because I claim that Jesus is the Christ?

Peace be with you.
David Miller, Beverly Hills, Florida.