-----Original Message-----
 I was baptized because I was a Christian.

I do believe that our WORKS show our faith. In other words if I am a christian I will behave like one. But I do not behave like one to become one. I behave like one because it is now my nature, I am one! I have NO PROBLEM with Expressing my faith through baptism, but that is exactly what it is an _expression_ of the FAITH I already have!

When i bel;ieved I EXERCISED FAITH towards God. When I was Baptised I SHOWED my Faith before men.

Kevin, That’s a great testimony.  (Also, is a great explanation of why some of us obey the Lord in other areas, too—but I won’t go there!)  I know it is extremely important to many of you to argue about what came first; the chicken or the egg, and that’s fine with me.  But to me all that hair-splitting doesn’t even matter.   I don’t even need to understand why.  The Lord said Get baptized, so I got baptized.  Twice, in fact.  (First time, sprinkled in the Lutheran church; second time immersion as a non-denominational.) Does that mean I got saved twice, David? J Izzy