Izzy wrote:
> The Lord said Get baptized, so I got baptized.
> Twice, in fact. ... Does that mean I got saved
> twice, David?

:-)  No.  I've known people who have said the "sinner's prayer" more
than once, but we don't say that they were saved twice.  :-)  We might
say the same thing about expressing saving faith in Jesus Christ.  I
hope the faith is a continual thing and not a one time event of the
past.

There are two Scriptural examples where baptism does not save.  One is
found in Acts 10 with the household of Cornelius.  The other would be
the baptism of Jesus Christ himself, although in the case of Jesus, I
don't think we have any example of anyone being saved by the baptism of
John.

Examples of baptism not saving does not discredit those examples where
it does save.  In other words, the internal work and spiritual baptism
that takes place when one engages in water baptism by faith is not
always the same in all people. We all know examples of people who have
expressed faith in the Lord, but later fell away.

Peace be with you.
David Miller, Beverly Hills, Florida.