Kevin Deegan wrote:

judgment follows death by some time
Do you believe in a Mormon purgatory?
****DAVEH:  You'll have to define it for me, Kevin.  That term is foreign to LDS theology.
 Are you guys general Authorities?
****DAVEH:  Naw.   (At least I'm not, and if Blaine is....I think he is just an authority!)  <VBG>
 The prophets words are scripture.
****DAVEH:  Not all the time.  Prophets can be like 'real' people too.  If a prophet's words are canonized, then they are considered as Scripture. FWIW.......I believe anything that is revealed from God is scripture, but that does not mean that all things revealed by God are canonized Scripture.
He does not have to say "thus saith the Lord"The Prophet Spencer W Kimball said"Christ became perfect through overcoming. Only as we overcome shall we become perfect and move toward godhood. As I have indicated previously, the time to do this is now, in mortality"Behold Now is the day of salvation.

--
Dave Hansen