From: "David Miller" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Judy wrote:
>> How is it you are not grieved and/or offended when
>> Kevin constantly accuses me of 'doing and saying
>> nothing of any value?'

DavidM:
I think what Kevin is trying to say is that your responses are such that
they only deter from what he is explaining to you, and that he does not
see any value in your responses.  In other words, what contribution are
you offering?  It seems like you are just standing against preaching,
but then when that is pressed, you say no, you are not against the
preaching because you have never seen it.  So then, why speak contrary
to it?  I may have mangled what he was trying to say, but that is how it
came across to me.  Therefore, I'm not grieved in the same way as if he
was saying that you are not a Christian because you aren't out there
saving souls. Of course, Kevin, if you did mean that, speak up, because
I do not believe that all Christians should be out preaching in the
streets or they are of no value to God.

Judy:
What you've written above sounds mangled to me David. I read
Kevin saying.  How many have you saved and if none then why not?
Silence is being disobedient and ashamed of the gospel etc. etc. It
reminds me of the Nation of Islam in evangelical garb.

Judy wrote:
> To tell the truth I don't know what they do out there
> but if it is anything like their ministry to the Mormons
> on TT, then I would say Amen... because I hear a lot of
> pride in what they say, us vs them attitudes, defensiveness
> and accusation.  The one thing I do not hear is caring
> and/or love. How do you expect to communicate anything
> to anyone like this?

DavidM:
I agree with you on this point.  The Street Preachers are a motley crew.
They are almost impossible to get along with.  They can hardly hear each
other, and they have so many schisms among them that it is a disgrace to
the name of Jesus Christ. Nevertheless, you will not find a group of
Christians more dedicated and more willing to lay down their lives for
the gospel and for Jesus Christ.

Judy:
I don't know that I would call it that when Dean is willing to use
the Martial Arts to defend one of them who might appear to be in trouble.
Also why complain when the Mormon Priest assaults them after
having been provoked to the point of wrath by their antics outside
his temple?  Makes no sense at all to me.

DavidM:
I believe that they need to hear your message, but as you yourself have
said, how can anyone communicate anything if an adversarial approach is
taken.  With defensiveness and an us vs. them attitude exists,
communication tends to break down.  It seems to me that you have done
this very thing in trying to communicate with them.  You have acted
defensively and taken an us vs. them approach.  I hope you are not
offended by me saying this.

Judy:
It's either that or ignore them because it is impossible to have any
kind of dialogue with an accuser.  I haven't written anything that is
unbiblical - yet they seem to take umbrage at everything I say and
when I talk of love as a motive they (especially Ruben) put spin on it
and turn it into silly religious stereotypes.

DavidM:
Have they taken this approach too?  Yes they have.  I guess I expect
it from them, but not from someone like you.  I think you are strong
enough to perhaps realize it, tweak your approach, and maybe help
them to hear the message that you have for them.  This can work
better if you first find what you can agree with them about.

Judy:
Sad to say DavidM but I don't see that their horizen is much bigger
than their banners, fear God T-Shirts, and the next street meeting.
I find it ironic that Ruben and TPW are collaborating on New Years
Eve in Vegas.  What do they say?  Birds of a feather?