From: "David Miller" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Kevin wrote:
> Ps 51:5 "in sin did my mother conceive me."
> This is the purpose of the Virgin Birth that
> Jesus would not inherit a sin nature.
> He was not concieved in SIN you were!

DavidM:
Your teaching here comes from Roman Catholicism.

Judy:
No the above isn't Roman Catholicism; they are the ones who
fabricated the 'Immaculate Conception' so that Mary would not
be able to pass down her sin nature because according to them
she didn't have one.

DavidM:
The Bible teaches the opposite, that Christ became flesh (1 John 4:2),
that he was MADE OF A WOMAN (Galatians 4:4).

Judy:
My Bible says He was 'born of a woman and born under the law'
Big difference. Mary had nothing to do with His making. He was
begotten of God and this is why the 'virgin birth' is important.

The life of the flesh is in the blood. God made the first Adam out of
the dust of the earth, then breathed into him the breath of life/blood.
and he became a living soul.  Apparently in human procreation it is
the male sperm that generates the blood and the placenta protects
the child with no blood passing between it and the mother. So Mary
was the incubated the Lord of Glory and Jesus blood was holy from
the start...

DavidM:
The virgin birth was simply a sign according to Isaiah 7:14.
Based upon the Bible, nothing more can be made of it.

Judy:
It is good to qualify by saying - 'based upon what I know of the
Bible...." nothing more can be made of it.  Because there is much
more to it.

Grace and Peace,
Judy