I have read this scripture 4 times looking for where it says Jesus resisted the temptation to sin.

Would this mean then that he had thoughts of sinful things, that he rejected?
Did he lust after a woman, but never consumate that lust?
Did he consider just one white lie, but decide against it?
Is it OK to have sinful thoughts as long as they are not acted out?

Seems to me it says
1 Jesus endured the contradiction of sinners
2 we should consider His example so we do not become wearied
3 we have not reisted unto blood, striving against sin

The CONTEXT (this is for you DaveH) of which is Jesus striving against the contradiction of SINners. This is external to Jesus. Jesus strove against the SIN of the contradicting sinners. jesus did not strive with himself, he strove with sinners & the devil. It does not imply that Jesus strove against His own sinful nature, that is just an imagination of your dirty little heart!

Kevin wrote:
> Where does it say this? Is there any scripture
> that even comes close to this?

I just quoted the passage. It explains the suffering of Christ in human
terms. He endured the cross, endured such contradiction of sinners
against himself, resisted unto the shedding of blood. The author then
compares him to his readers, "YE HAVE NOT YET RESISTED UNTO BLOOD,
STRIVING AGAINST SIN." The point is that we should be encouraged by
thinking about how Jesus resisted sin and endured contradictions against
him so that we maintain our own integrity as we strive against sin.

Furthermore, the Scriptures say:

Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and
supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to
save him from death, and was heard in that he feared; Though he were a
Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered; And being
made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them
that obey him. (Hebrews 5:7-9 KJV)

Little children, let no man deceive you: HE THAT DOETH RIGHTEOUSNESS IS
RIGHTEOUS EVEN AS HE IS RIGHTEOUS. (1 John 3:7 KJV)

Peace be with you.
David Miller, Beverly Hills, Florida.

Do you Yahoo!?