Judy wrote:
> ... he wasn't of the same flesh as the rest of us.
> He was made in the "likeness" of man - not the same
> as..

DavidM:
You are going to have to make up your mind whether or not Jesus was a
human being.  Jesus was either human, or he was an alien, angel, or god
who only looked like a human being.  Which is it?

Judy:
The first Adam was created a grown man and he was a human being, he was not an alien,
an angel, or a demon.

DavidM:
The Greek word translated "likeness" is "homoioma."  Based on semantics
alone, it might mean that Jesus possessed a completely human form, or it might mean
that he only looked like a man but really was not one.  We must look to other passages
and to the context of this passage to
determine which is meant.

Judy:
Why, we know he had a flesh, blood, and bone body; he had a mind, will, and emotions,
and he was the image of God because he said "If you have seen me you have seen the
Father"

DavidM:
For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh,
God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin,
condemned sin in the flesh: That the righteousness of the law might be
fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
(Romans 8:3-4 KJV) How does Christ condemn sin in the flesh if he did not become
flesh? This does not make any sense to me.  If you have a way of explaining, I would
welcome hearing it.

Judy:
Sin in the flesh was condemned at the cross where he layed down His life for us and
our sin. He says in John 14:30 "The prince of this world cometh and hath nothing in
me"  So Satan had nothing in Him.

DavidM:
The author of Hebrews likewise turns to the humanity of Jesus to
encourage us to resist sin, giving us power to rise above the flesh to
do what is holy and good. Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who
for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set
down at the right hand of the throne of God. For consider him that endured such
contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds.
Ye have not yet resisted unto blood,striving against sin. (Hebrews 12:2-4 KJV)

Judy:
Note the "contradiction of sinners against himself" was outward, and not also that He
is the "author and perfecter or finisher of our faith"
Our sin is inward "for out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries,
fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies; these are the things which defile a
man" (Matt 15:19)

DavidM:
The clear implication here is that Jesus strove against sin and had to
resist the temptation to sin.  Surely he experienced the same infirmity
of the flesh that we do, which is why he is able to help us and relate
to us when we likewise must resist sin.

Judy:
We have no evidence that he was ever sick or that he ever offended anyone verbally.
He went about doing good and healing ALL who were oppressed of the devil for God was
with him. He was a man walking in the full measure of the Holy Spirit - with an
inherited sin nature and
What made him different is that he didn't have the same inheritance in the first Adam
as us.

DavidM:
Where does this idea come from?  What Bible verse taught you this?  Can
you even quote one?

Judy:
There are a lot of them but look at the reaction of John the Baptist for starters "I
baptize you with water unto repentance but he that cometh after me is mightier than I
whose shoes I am not worthy to bear, he shall baptize yo with the Holy Ghost, and with
fire. Vs.13 then cometh jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John to be baptized of him.
But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to
me?  Jesus got baptized as a formality to fulfill all righteousness... Not because he
needed to repent.

DavidM:
The Bible teaches us the opposite of this, that Jesus had inheritance in Adam and was
descended from him, being born of the seed of Abraham and of the seed of David.  As
pertaining to the flesh, Jesus was just as much a man as any of us.  Jesus was a human
being.

Judy:
He wasn't born of the seed of any man David. God the Holy Spirit was His father.

DavidM:
I do not believe that we can truly understand the atonement and step
into holiness without understanding this humanity of Christ.  Christ
became flesh and dwelt among us.  He was truly one of us and showed us
how to live.  Jesus Christ was our example in every way.  If his flesh
was some alien flesh that was not descended from Abraham and David, then he is not
truly my brother, then he truly did not have the same
experiences that I have in the flesh, and he would be no hero for me
concerning my walk before God anymore than an angel would be.

Judy:
Did an angel hang naked on the cross publicly for you and your sin David?  Yes he left
us an example that we should follow in His steps and because of the cross we can now
receive power from on high to walk it out.

Judy wrote:
> The egg does nothing at all until united with sperm which comes from the father and
> blood begins to flow in the 3rd week before the heart begins to beat. No blood flows
> in an egg incubating all by itself  because there is no life....

DavidM:
The sperm only donates genetic material.  The cells that develop into
blood come from the egg.

Judy:
Blood types come from both parents and this is why I believe Mary was an incubator
only.  I wrote the above to show that nothing happens to the egg alone - there is no
life without blood and the blood is not generated until there is both egg and sperm.
I believe you about the blood typing so no need to look anything up.  What I don't
believe is that Jesus' blood was impure and it would have been had he inherited
anything genetic through the first Adam because we are a fallen race.

Grace and Peace,
Judy