From: "David Miller" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
I just quoted the passage.  It explains the suffering of Christ in human
terms.  He endured the cross, endured such contradiction of sinners
against himself, resisted unto the shedding of blood.

Judy:
Yes he resisted sinners and sin that was coming at him and he
learned obedience by the things he suffered, ie: He learned about
waiting on the Lord and doing the will of the Father even when the
cup he had to drink was abhorrent to Him.

DavidM:
The author then compares him to his readers, "YE HAVE NOT YET
RESISTED UNTO BLOOD, STRIVING AGAINST SIN."  The point is that
we should be encouraged by thinking about how Jesus resisted sin and
endured contradictions against him so that we maintain our own integrity
as we strive against sin.

Judy:
There is a difference much of the time in where the sin comes from.
We must deal with our own hearts which too many times is where the
sin oppresses us.  Jesus did not have this problem.

DavidM:
Furthermore, the Scriptures say: Who in the days of his flesh, when
he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears
unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he
feared; Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things
which he suffered; And being made perfect, he became the author of
eternal salvation unto all them that obey him. (Hebrews 5:7-9 KJV)
Little children, let no man deceive you: HE THAT DOETH
RIGHTEOUSNESS IS RIGHTEOUS EVEN AS HE IS RIGHTEOUS.
(1 John 3:7 KJV)

Judy:
Yes, He did leave us an example that we should follow in His steps
because all who have received Him have been born of the Spirit.

The first Adam became a living soul
The second Adam a life giving spirit.

Grace and Peace,
Judy