No, I'll let Luther speak for himself, but when I see Luther I'll ask him for you.

Bill
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, March 08, 2004 4:01 PM
Subject: [TruthTalk] The Passion of the Christ

From: "Wm. Taylor" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Judy wrote > Just contributing something different for consideration....
since you may be reacting to the "faith" movement where ppl are taught
to have faith in their faith Mr. Bill.  I don't believe from what I've read from
Terry that he is one of these.  Terry?????

wt: I say > It's fine to contribute, Judy, do that to your hearts content --
but I'll put words in my own mouth, thank you very much.

jt: Goodness, we are touchy today - not the qualifier above. I was not
putting anything in your mouth Sir.

wt: No, I was not thinking of the "faith" movement here. If you'll look at
what I did say, you'll see it is quite the opposite of that. Indeed, I said
what I wanted to say, and that was that maybe there is a way of looking
at salvation such that it lets Jesus Christ be the object of it all.

jt: Of course he's the object of it all since there is no salvation outside
of Him; what would make you think Terry was alluding to something else?

wt:This is hardly faith in faith. Where did you come up with something
like that? Did you even read what I said before starting in on me? I
thought we had gotten beyond that stuff.

jt: Just trying to be helpful....and yes I did read what you wrote.

wt: Since you included Martin Luther in one of your other posts,
I'll do the same here. Luther said that "faith" is like eyes. Eyes do not
create what they see; they see what is already created.

jt: And faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things
that are not seen...

wt: Faith does not create salvation; it sees the salvation already
created in Christ Jesus.

jt: Can you describe this?

judyt

God allows the devil to raise up heretics
to make his people study