Kevin wrote:
> Gal 3:8 And the scripture, foreseeing that
> God would justify the heathen through faith,
> preached before the gospel unto Abraham,
> saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.
>
> What was this scripture,

Genesis 22:18.

And the angel of the LORD called unto Abraham OUT OF HEAVEN the second
time, And said, By myself have I sworn, saith the LORD, for because thou
hast done this thing, and hast not withheld thy son, thine only son:
That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply
thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the
sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies; And in
thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou
hast obeyed my voice. (Genesis 22:15-18 KJV)

This Scripture was written by Moses at mount Sinai, after Abraham had
departed this earth.

Kevin wrote:
> how did it forsee?

The Scripture foresaw the gospel coming to the Gentiles and all nations
being blessed, by recording this for us at the time of Moses.

Kevin wrote:
> How did it preach?

By Scripture giving us the dialogue that Abraham had verbally with the
angel of God in heaven, those of us in future generations who have ears
to hear are able to observe the fore-preaching (proeueggelisato) of the
gospel.  You seem to be trying to use the wording of this passage in
Gal. 3:8 to argue that Abraham learned by his personal reading of
Scripture that he would bless all nations.  Such a conclusion is
contrary to the teaching of the Bible, which plainly tells us that the
angel of the Lord spoke to him from heaven.

Kevin wrote:
> Word or scripture?
> verbal or written?

Verbal word to Abraham, but Scripture from Sinai records the dialogue
for us, so for us, we learn it by Scripture.

Kevin wrote:
> Seems to me you limit the God
> of this scripture.

How do I limit God by my comments?  I am seeking to rightly divide the
Word of Truth.

Now that I have answered your questions, maybe you can answer your own
questions.  What Scripture do you think Gal. 3:8 is talking about?

Was this word of God to Abraham written or verbal during the time of
Abraham?  What Scriptures existed before Sinai?  Can I read them
somewhere?  Were such Scriptures ever mentioned by anyone throughout all
of history?

Peace be with you.
David Miller, Beverly Hills, Florida.