>Judy wrote: The Word of God came to Abraham in Ur of the Chaldees

>DavidM  Not through Scripture.

Gal 3:8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

What was this scripture, how did it forsee?
How did it preach?
Word or scripture?
verbal or written?
Seems to me you limit the God of this scripture.

David Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

We seem to have a problem with definitions. Scripture is God's WRITTEN
word. Are you using the word Scripture with this definition?

Judy wrote:
> The Word of God was in the garden with Adam
> and Eve, they had one verse to obey "don't
> eat from the tree in the middle of the garden"

The Word of God did not come to them in the form of Scripture, but it
was spoken to them verbally.

Judy wrote:
> The Word of God came to Abraham in Ur of the Chaldees

Not through Scripture.

Judy wrote:
> The Word of God spoke to Moses from the burning bush

Spoke... so this was not Scripture.

Judy wrote:
> The Word of God spoke through the prophets
> and was recorded Daniel studied the book of
> Jeremiah and walked close to God

Yes, this record would be Scripture.

Judy wrote:
> After 70yrs in Babylonian captivity Ezra the
> scribe prepared himself by studying the law
> and the prophets and they are the standard.
> No 20th Century Word is going to contradict
> what has been written.

Agreed.

Peace be with you.
David Miller, Beverly Hills, Florida.