jt: Let me try and get this straight. Bill are you asking if it is OK to add to or
subtract from God's Word? I know you would not call it that but I've heard
so much about wordsmithing in recent days - what's wrong with calling
things what God has called them in His Words?
Is there room in the professing church for a convergence of sorts between
God's spoken words and words spoken about God, still his but expressed in fresh language.

John:
I would say absolutely not.  True understanding is the hopeless victim of a church fragmented
by thousands of years of bickering, killing, exclusions, and the like, all in the name of "truth."
What are there  --  400 plus denominations? The fractured church is the professing church.
Thank God for grace and the eternal flow of the blood of the Lamb.

jt: So long as God is still God and the Holy Spirit has a ministry true understanding is not
the victim of anything.  Our faith should not rest in Church history. Why do you say that
God's grace and the blood of the lamb are the answer to all the mess. Do you think that
God will validate all of the things you mention above anyway?   judyt

Well, now that that's settled I guess we can get back to real fellowship.
Whose turn is it to bring the meat loaf?