From: Dave <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Charles Perry Locke wrote:

In Romans 1:17ff Paul says "The just shall live by faith. For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened."

So, there is no excuse for anyone past, present, or future, and all will be judged justly whether or not they have heard the gospel. There is no second chance.

DAVEH: It seems to me that most folks I discuss this with want to change it to a second chance discussion, Perry. Why do you feel the need to do that. I have repeatedly said that I am referring to the first chance to hear the gospel and accept Jesus. Let me ask you point blank......

1) Do you believe all men will have the opportunity to accept Jesus?

No.

2) Do you believe there are any mortals who do not get that chance while in mortality?

Yes.

3) Do you have any valid reason to think the Lord will not give those who in this life do not have the chance to hear the gospel and accept Jesus.....that he will give them the opportunity to hear the gospel (as is suggested in 1Pet 3:19) in the next life?

Yes. Reread Romans 1:17ff. ALL are without excuse.

All will be judged.

DAVEH: Agreed. However, I would like to know if you think there will be some who will be judged without having the opportunity to hear the gospel and accept Jesus......???

Repeatedly, yes. Some will be judged having never heard the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Perry

---------- "Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought to answer every man." (Colossians 4:6) http://www.InnGlory.org