A good word, Suzy.  Okay! :-) Izzy

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Susan Petersen
Sent: Friday, November 19, 2004 10:51 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] Two Covenants?

When I signed up for Truth talk I was under the
impression that we would be talking about the
Truth(God's Word). And we have done that a little. But
lately my inbox has been filled with fighting and
sarcastic remarks going back and forth to one another.

I am saddened by this. Instead of focussing on God's
Word, there is arguing and tearing down. If we truly
are the body of Christ, we need to start acting like
it. Please stop the finger pointing. "You did this."
"No, I didn't." or "You meant this." "No, I didn't."

Let's focus on God's Word! Let's edify each other like
Bill has commited himself to do. If what you say does
not build up, don't say it. If you disagree with
someone tell them with love not with sarcasm. This is
one I have been working on because I can be very
sarcastic. It was pointed out to me that sarcasm
usually tears people down and it is not funny to the
person on the receiving end no matter where they live.

James tells us about the power of the tongue. We all
(I include myself) need to control our tongue. Chp. 3-

Let not many of you become teachers, my brethren,
knowing that as such we will incur a stricter
judgment. For we all stumble in many ways. If anyone
does not stumble in what he says, he is a perfect man,
able to bridle the whole body as well. Now if we put
the bit into the horses' mouths so that they will obey
us, we direct their entire body as well. Look at the
ships also, though they are so great and are driven by
strong winds, are still directed by a very small
rudder wherever the inclination of the pilot desires.
So also the tongue is a small part of the body, and
yet it boasts of great things.

See how great a forest is set aflame by such a small
fire! And the tongue is a fire, the very world of
iniquity; the tongue is set amoung our members as that
which defiles the entire body, and sets on fire the
course of our life, and is set on fire by hell. For
every species of beasts and birds, of reptiles and
creatures of the sea is tamed and has been tamed by
the human race. But no one can tame the tongue; it is
a restless evil and full of deadly poison. With it we
bless our Lord and Father and with it we curse men,
who have been made in the lieness of God; from the
same mouth come both blessing and cursing. My
brethren, these things ought not to be this way. Does
a fountain send out from the same opening both fresh
and bitter water? Can a fig tree, my brethren, produce
olives, or a vine produce figs? Nor can salt water
produce fresh.

Who amoung you is wise and understanding? Let him show
by his good behavior his deeds the the gentleness of
wisdom. But if you have bitter jealousy and selfish
ambition in your heart, do not be arrogant and so lie
against the truth. The wisdom is not that which comes
down from above, but it is earthly, natural, demonic.
For where jealousy and selfish ambition exist, there
is disorder and every evil thing. But the wisdom from
above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle,
reasonable, full of mercy and good fruits, unwavering,
without hypocricy. And the seed whose fruit is
righteousness is sown in peace by those who make
peace.

1 Corinthians 10:1- If I speak with the tongues of men
and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a
noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.

Ephesians 4:29-5:2 - Let no unwholesome word proceed
from your mouth, but only such a word as is good for
edification according to the need of the moment, so
that it will give grace to those who hear. Do not
grieve the Holy Spirit of God by whom you were sealed
for the day of redemption. Let all bitterness and
wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away
from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one
another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as
God in Christ also has forgiven you. Therefore be
imitators of God, as beloved children; and walk in
love, just as Christ also loves you and gave Himself
up for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God as a
fragrant aroma.

Matthew 5:9- Blessed are the peacemakers for they
shall be called sons of God.

I pray that the fighting and sarcasm will end. If not
Jonathan is right TT will cease to exist.

Suzy

The all-new My Yahoo! - Get yours free!
http://my.yahoo.com