*note subject change
Subject was "  Basis of Unity (Bill)" and now is "Original Sin"

Izzy wrote:
> Agreed.

Bill and Izzy, how do you deal with the subject matter of Romans 5?  The
following passage seems to indicate that an advserse sentence of
condemnation is passed upon all men by the offense of one man:

Romans 5:18
(18) Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to
condemnation

Several verses earlier, Paul was using the observation of death reigning
over men from Adam to Moses as evidence of this condemnation:

Romans 5:14
(14) Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had
not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression

The concepts Paul teaches here appear contradictory to your perceptions.
These people who experienced death did so because of someone who sinned
before them.  Furthermore, they had no real understanding that that their
actions were sinful because there was no law.  I have to admit that I tend
to look at matters the way you two do, but I fear that much of that is
because of my culture and upbringing.  These passages challenge my way of
thinking on this, and they appear to be problematic to what you two have
just agreed upon.  Please consider them carefully and offer an anwer if you
can.  I am very interested.