These passages challenge my way of

thinking on this, and they appear to be problematic to what you two have

just agreed upon.  Please consider them carefully and offer an anwer if you

can.  I am very interested.

David, I see “orginal sin” as the inherited sin nature.  I believe that you have stated in the past that God judges us for our committed sins. (Not for our inherited sin-tendency.) A newborn infant has committed no sin.  Whenever he reaches the age of accountability/understanding/conscience then he can (and does) sin. Until then he is just doing whatever he has been conditioned to do by those around him. Izzy