On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 10:15:37 -0600 "Bill Taylor" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Bill, the reason they aren’t serving God with their mind, body, soul is because they are spiritually separated from Him (dead—not physically but spiritually!). Izzy

Do you mean that their spirits are literally dead? If so, then how can they, of their own free will, choose to serve God? Wouldn't the spiritual aspect of their beings have to be regenerated before that choice could be made? In other words, how could a dead spirit choose to become a live spirit, one which could respond to God in service to him?

Uh, Oh!  I knew there was more than Augustine involved here.  Here we go - Calvinism 101.  I'll have to go get my TULIP acronym out and brush up on it.

I know you want to help your friend, and she certainly needs all the help you can give her, but please don't digress. That only adds further confusion to the discussion.  Bill

jt: What a sweet fellow you are Bill wanting to give me all that help. Only thing is you can't find it in God's Word
and must depend on semantics and ancient creeds.

Sent: Tuesday, July 26, 2005 10:01 AM
Subject: RE: [TruthTalk] Spiritual death

Bill, the reason they aren’t serving God with their mind, body, soul is because they are spiritually separated from Him (dead—not physically but spiritually!). Izzy

I told Izzy that I thought there was a spiritual element included in Jesus' statement: "Follow me, and let the dead bury their own dead." But I also told her that I thought it was not just directed at the spirit aspect of personhood: "those who reject Christ are doing so with their entire being -- mind, body, soul, and spirit."  Bill