On Sep 26, 2006, at 1:40 PM, Jeremy Boynes wrote:

On Sep 26, 2006, at 1:34 PM, Ignacio Silva-Lepe wrote:
Hmm, maybe I'm missing something, but AFAIK there is no interop in JMS across providers, not to mention programming languages.

I believe I can use a JMS API to ActiveMQ to send a message to a C or .NET program. I think some commercial products have similar capabilities.
I know of C clients and such for JMS, message bridges, and realize MQSeries can basically talk to anything but if it is JMS, aren't we specifically dealing with a Java API and not interop? I think a generic messaging binding would be great to have, like AMQP or MQSeries too, but it is not "JMS".

Jim

--
Jeremy