On Sun, Nov 21, 2004 at 05:25:41PM -0800, Mark K. Kim wrote:
> I like these color names better than the previously defined ones, but if
> we're going to change the names of the colors, let's use the canonical
> names, perhaps adopting the color names in /etc/X11/rgb.txt file.

Using 'canonical' names might be good, but we should also try to be
kid-friendly above being too 'official.'

> We may also have to retranslate the color names.

Yes, the changed and new ones will need to be updated.

> BTW, does changing the names of the color and ordering affect file
> saving/loading?

Nope!

>  Will reordering the palette inconvenience the users, and
> if so, should we reorder them, and does the reordering make more intuitive
> sense?  (I haven't checked the new orders.)

I think the new order will be more intuitive.

> [snip]
> > -#define MAX_STAMPS 256
> > +#define MAX_STAMPS 512
> [snip]
>
> If we're gonna increase the stamps, is 512 enough?  What's our stamps
> collection size?

The collection is currently over 200.  At some point, I'm going to break
them up into sub-collections which kids can choose to load, rather than
more than sufficient.

> [snip]
> >  #ifndef WIN32
> > -     if (Mix_OpenAudio(44100, AUDIO_S16, 2, 1024) < 0)
> > +     if (Mix_OpenAudio(44100, AUDIO_S16SYS, 2, 1024) < 0)
> >  #else
> >         if (Mix_OpenAudio(44100, AUDIO_S16, 2, 2048) < 0)
> >  #endif
>
> This change is for Mac, right?  Does this change negatively affect Linux
> and/or BeOS (or Sun, etc.)?

I'll commit it for now, and see what the packagers/porters have to say.

-bill!