Frans van Daalen wrote:
>>> Update : Seems there are still scenario's where the problem returns
>>> also sometimes the proxy settings are lost creating a 407 when a
>>> relocation happens. Seems to happen when executing a GetAsync and a
>>> relocate is triggered (with follow relocation set)
>>
>> Thanks for the report. That's probably because SetReady is skipped
>> with it's code related to proxy and www-authentication :(
>> The HTTP component is a TRUE beast.
>
> Yes, it is! Is there not something like a full-blown http test tool
> which we can run against it and then start rewriting some parts to
> get it back in it's cage ? I found several on the web but have no
> idea if it has ever been used for THttpcli
>
> Can you locate that setready skipping somewhere?

My suggested fix did skip SetReady when FLocationFlag was set, it has
to be removed. I have a new idea:
in procedure THttpCli.StateChange(NewState : THttpState);
try call TriggerRequestDone only when FLocationFlag is not set.
However that might also lead to other side-effects I'm currently not
aware of, it worked with and without proxy connection in a brief test.

> I have been
> maintenace programmer for a long time so used to reading others code
> but this one is hard to read and understand.

Tracing and debugging is a problem when there's not much on the call
stack as with the THttpCli where many events are triggered by posting
messages instead of calling event handlers directly.