Hi Will,

Yes it does, it requires discipline and also an acknowledgement by the
group that we all rely on everybody else. If you don't summarise, how
long will it be before nobody bothers to reply?

One of the other lists I subscribe to is the sun-managers list and this
works well. Everybody knows the rules and realises that everybody can
learn from their own experiences. It is rare that the summary isn't
posted. My own opinion is that most people do wish to help and most
people learn something from that assistance. As a price to pay, a quick
summary is quite cheap.

Regards

David Logan
Database Administrator