I have the opposite.  My UniObjects connections don't work, but the
very same user/password data will let me into a telnet session.

This all seemed to coincide with my screwing about with pam.conf so I
suspect in my case it's self inflicted.  Until I get a chance to sort
it out, I'm using another login for UniObjects.

I'm not so sure I would call this a security hole.  If I could figure
it out, it might just be a security feature in that one could shut
down access via UniObjects for users who have no business accessing
the system that way.

At the moment, I just have too much other work to do or I'd figure
this out myself.

Thanks,