    From: "Ken Wallis"<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
    Sent: 11/11/06 23:42:25
    To: "u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org"<u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org>
    Subject: RE: [U2] Access to IBM knowledgebase for in-house developers

    Chuck Stevenson wrote:

    > Interestingly, guys like me don't care, because vars like Strategy
    > Seven are nice to us.  It would be end users with curmudgeonly vars
    > that would need a user group to make this end run.   I still think
    > someone who cares should submit a U2UG enhancement request and others
    > should second it. Otherwise IBM only hears about you through the very
    > var who is blocking you.

    And the odd thing is that it is VARs like S7 who make money from their
    generic skills in the database platforms rather than from working in
    specific vertical markets with their applications.  You would have thought
    S7 were the sort of VAR who might consider themselves in danger of losing
    revenue by working to get this information out.

    Clearly, however, they must realise that access to information helps users
    understand what is possible and want to make use of the technology.

    Cheers,

    Ken