This idea is interesting, though.  Is this bordering - or boldly going -
into an off-topic discussion?

Software companies (and departments) are among the types of organizations
that can most easily lend themselves to "Kermit-chrome".  I can't say that I
require payment by Paypal - my customers' are businesses that have
accounting departments and pay cycles and all kinds of things that I don't
feel are my right to force them to circumvent in order to do business with
me. But I do provide the software and the documentation via electronic
media,  I avoid unnecessary paper, I don't commute and the folks that do
work for me also do it from home.  I do upgrades and training remotely with
more and more use of web-based meetings.  So less flying my carbon footprint
around (which also conserves my more personal energy!)

So far my efforts to go green have been very easy.  They corresponded with
technology advances, good sense budget monitoring and convenience.  That's a
triple win!  I would be interested in hearing about other companies who are
making any efforts and what kind of efforts to go green.

Replacing monitors?  Lowering the power settings? (I'd have a hard time
seeing my laptop screen!) What else is anyone doing or thinking of doing?

Curiously and even spuriously yours,
Susan J.