The definition of a bureaucrat is one who photocopies their documents before
shredding them.

A former employer of mine used to have me print inventory lists every
Friday;  about 400 pages times about 30 users.  Decollating four-part carbon
paper was a riot. Talk about a carbon footprint!

I finally convinced the boss that giving 30 people terminals with an
inventory display (updated in real-time) was cheaper and more useful than
all that printing.  I still had to print one copy for each branch in case
the computer (or more often, a phone line) went down.

-- Louie