From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Susan Lynch
Sent: Wednesday, October 14, 2009 11:35 AM
To: U2 Users List
Subject: Re: [U2] Unibasic: Sample program - to extract data from Table

John, I agree that listening to the super users is critical.  However,
writing a detailed spec will give those super users the ability to review
the spec, add their 'second thoughts' (and the "wow, this is really cool -
could it also do this?" ideas before the files are designed and the code
written, and really does not take a lot of time.  It ensures that the coding

team all understand all the aspects of the project the same way.  So even
with super users, I always waited for a sign-off on the detailed spec before

laying out the files and writing the code.  I had clients that I worked with

for years, and knew their business very well, but taking the time to write a

detailed spec was never a waste of my time.

I am glad for you that your system works well, but I hope I never have to
come in after you all retire!  ;-)

Susan Lynch