Charlie:

Why don't you post the code on the U2 wiki, if you can figure out how, or on Pickwiki.

Bill

Charlie Noah said the following on 5/18/2010 7:41 PM:
Marc,

If you are using a small Laserjet or a 9050, why spend extra money on hardware or software products which might tie you to a specific setup, when you can use a Basic subroutine to print your Code 128 barcode (or many other codes) anywhere on the page you want it? I've done the grunt work and written the program, which uses standard commands built into the printer. We use this program in production every day - it works. This assumes you are printing to a piece of printable stock you can feed through your printer. I will get the latest version of the program tomorrow and post it. Don't worry - I wrote it, I own it and I can share it with anyone I want.

Sorry, Tony, I have the greatest respect you you, but printing barcode is just too easy to pay a lot for it. Now, if you want to print labels, just buy a cheap barcode label printer like the ones UPS customers use (Zebra, Datamax, etc.), and send the very simple codes to it. Used or reconditioned ones are very inexpensive, and new ones aren't prohibitively expensive.

Charlie Noah
Sr. Systems Analyst
Inland Truck Parts Company