David,

You're correct that U2 users need to be vocal about what they want, but
Rocket has to be proactive, too.  Surely they have a few analysts on staff
that can read Techmeme or attend a few conferences and see for themselves
where developers are headed.  It's probably not wise to only listen to *current
*U2 users anyway.

I started to make a list in my head of what I'd ask Rocket for, but then I
stopped because everything I'd ask for I can get* *elsewhere...for
free...right now.

If I were starting a brand new project today, I'd be hard pressed to find a
single reason to pick a U2 database over a free, open-source alternative
like MongoDB, PostgreSQL, or MySQL which have drivers for almost every
language, heaps of documentation and troubleshooting resources online, fast
release cycles, and great (free) developer tools.

Can anyone else think of one?

-Rob

The biggest thing for me is accessibility from other languages, because the