Hi,

Even though the New Human theme may not make it into 8.10, I am interested
in seeing a specific color combination which is lighter but still uses New
Human's GTK and Metacity.

I have tried to put in these colors in New Human, but the output was
inconsistent since New Human is still a work in progress. I have therefore
chosen -

GTK - Human Murrine
Metacity - X Colors Lite (don't rmr where I got this from. Probably from
clearlooks colors or murrine colors from gnome-look.org)
Icons - Gion
Fonts - Droid Sans

The links below show a theme that is currently running on my box (Hardy).
All I did was change a few colors.

Do take a look at all the screenshots and let me know if you think this is a
good direction to think about. Note that I have no idea whatsoever regarding
UI or the colors that people like. Never touched Photoshop / Gimp and
probably never will. However, the colors in this theme appealed to me. Let
me know if they appeal to you too :)

Active / Inactive Windows - with Desktop effects disabled ----
http://img375.imageshack.us/my.php?image=activeinactivedq5.png

Appearance Preferences Dialog ---
http://img375.imageshack.us/my.php?image=desktopappearancehk0.png

Menus -- http://img393.imageshack.us/my.php?image=desktopmenusph1.png

Totem (showing the Quantum of Solace HD trailer) --
http://img79.imageshack.us/my.php?image=desktopqoslh0.png

Firefox 3.0 showing news.google.com --
http://img70.imageshack.us/my.php?image=firefoxds0.png

Firefox 3.0 showing slashdot.org --
http://img363.imageshack.us/my.php?image=firefoxslashdotmo1.png

GEdit and preferences (can also see inactive/active windows with desktop
effects enabled) -- http://img154.imageshack.us/my.php?image=geditjr5.png

Nautilus with sidebar --
http://img387.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nautilussidebarff1.png

Nautilus without sidebar (this is how I use Nautilus personally) --
http://img236.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nautiluswithoutsidebartd8.png

RhythmBox -- http://img236.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rhythmboxtj9.png

Totem again and a folder of songs --
http://img55.imageshack.us/my.php?image=totemmusiciconssd6.png

Desktop effects disabled again (menus, active and inactive windows) --
http://img70.imageshack.us/my.php?image=withoutcompizqh5.png

--
d-_-b