Well, if coding it is the issue, there's not really that much to do. I
realize we can't put the buttons at the bottom, but a significant portion of
that screenshot is doable. The colors scheme and the emerald theme are what
I'm talking about.

http://cookieofdoom.com/images/kith_ibex_working_sorta.png

In that screenshot I've got Hardy running with a modified version of the
Human-Murrine theme in place. I'm using a custom panel background (I don't
really like it, but if anyone wants it, just let me know), the wallpaper
from the wiki page, and an emerald theme I found on Gnome-look, and the
orange oxygen refit 2 from Gnome-look. The only problem I have with it is
that the buttons don't look quite right in Gmail (which is why I usually use
human-clearlooks, I just wanted to show that murrine supported it as well).
That's not just a mockup, it's what's currently running on my laptop.

I think most of the theme is doable without too much work, which is good
since we seem to be running out of time. The Artwork deadline is 2 months
away, I believe.

On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 4:10 PM, Conn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 8:46 PM, David <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> If we go orange again, I think that Kith Intrepid is probably the best one
>> out there. The only trouble is that it might be a bit loud for some people.
>> I personally love it, and have been using a setup very close to it on my own
>> computer. If something like this could be coded in such a way as to allow
>> the user to change colors at will (effecting the panels, gtk theme, and
>> emerald theme), I think this could really be the best option. I'd suggest
>> using Murrine as it seems to be the most customizable (though I'm no
>> expert), and it will support ARGB for future releases (or this one if it
>> proves stable).
>

> Kith Intrepid is an interesting concept, but that's the problem - it's a
> concept. It has not developed beyond the mockup stage, and the actual
> mockups focus more on what would be coded in Metacity rather than GTK! We
> would need to see a sample application with actual widgets visible such as
> "The Widget Factory" to really know the style and intent of "Kith".
>
> As for the buttons at the bottom of windows - it's not possible with GTK,
> as that area is reserved in applications (GtkStatusbar). This is another
> mockup that requires a major architectural change to GTK (and many
> applications) - and while it may be worth persuing, it's not likely to
> happen.
>
> Having said all that, I somewhat like the colour scheme :).
>

> --

Cookieofdoom