On Mon, 2010-04-19 at 08:20 +1000, Andrew Gaydon wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 18, 2010 at 8:58 PM, Melissa Draper
> <meli...@meldraweb.com> wrote:
>         On Sun, 2010-04-18 at 20:18 +1000, Cary Bielenberg wrote:
>         > This will be my last response as per your wishes Jared, I am
>         saddened
>         > that you and Melissa stifle change, you misquote the code of
>         conduct
>         > to server your own needs. I guess it will be good to trot
>          it out to
>         > stop folks challenging your authority.

Robust debate is one thing, personal attacks are quite another thing.  I
haven't seen the CoC used to stifle debate, but I have seen it used to
remind people of their responsibilities when participating in the
community.

>         Cary, I've refrained from responding to much of the
>         repetitions here.
>
>         "I expressed my view of the triple-tier council back when it
>         was first
>         brought up, and in private emails with Andrew."
>
> I refute this statement strongly, this is the fist time I have heard
> from Melissa on the subject.
> I will also not be engaging in a he says / she says argument.

The archives show that Melissa replied to your suggestion for a tiered
structure on the same day as you made it, back on 3 March.
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-au/2010-March/005756.html

I think Jared has already demonstrated that there isn't a groundswell of
support for change.  Maybe there will be some other time, but now it is
time those agitating for change accept the way the land lies.

As discussed on the list already, there is a lot that can be done to
promote ubuntu in the community.  Let's focus our energies there, rather
than on continuing to waste energy on this protracted debate.

Cheers

Dave