Why is everyone getting so worked up about this? Clearly softpedia is just
click-baiting, otherwise it wouldnt even be news. The monkey that
wrote the ad clearly doesn't have the intelligence to make any money. Surely
any sane person (consumer) would take one look at that ad and ask
wtf. I hardly see him making a rush of sales. At the best someone might wonder
what is Ubuntu GNOME and google it to find out.

Anyway regardless, it is afaik perfectly legal to sell DVD/USB's with Ubuntu
(and the flavours) so long as they are the official unmodified
images (there are or atleast were, heaps of sites doing this, seems osdisc
might be the only one left). Its also perfectly legal for someone to
sell support services so long as they don't make claims that they are
officially connected with the trademark owners. Its also ok to sell
systems with Ubuntu GNOME pre-installed, however if its on a commercial scale,
Canonical would probably want you to sign a OEM agreement.

Seriously just forget about this one! There are plenty more productive things
to be done than worry about some stupid ad on craigslist!

Tim