On 22/06/15 21:36, Andrés Muñiz Piniella wrote:

> El 22 de junio de 2015 10:35:58 GMT+01:00, Tim <dark...@fastmail.fm> escribió:
>> Why is everyone getting so worked up about this?
>
> Actually from reading  this
>
> http://www.ubuntu.com/about/about-ubuntu/licensing
its even stated on that page, and I quote
"While Ubuntu will not charge licence fees for this distribution, you might
want to charge to print Ubuntu CDs, or create your own customised
versions of Ubuntu which you sell, and should have the freedom to do so."

Of course they have tightened up the trademark rules a bit since that was
written, however it should still apply to unmodified images.

> And listening to the interview here
> http://linuxluddites.com/ogg/podcast-43-ogg/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+LinuxLudditesOgg+%28Linux+Luddites+%C2%BB+Ogg%29
I don't have time to listen to random interviews, but really I don't see what
all fuss is about. Softpedia are click-baiting and hyping things
up. But what would I know, I'm only the co-founder and Technical lead of Ubuntu
GNOME....