I think part of the problem with these meetings is that given the
international basis of the marketing team, whenever you organise one,
someone will be unable to attend.

I propose that an agenda is fixed, with a set of issues to be
addressed and that the agenda is discussed at a group of regional
meetings.

The responses to the discussed issues could then be noted and fed
'back up' to the international level and a decision arrived upon based
on the common consensus of the regional findings.

Either that, or split the marketing team into regional marketing teams
with the main marketing team as an advice centre for people to discuss
and feed ideas up to. I did this over at ubuntu-uk here
https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-uk-marketing

Although we've not done much as of yet, it is a good way to identify
people with an interest in marketing in each locality and I'm sure
formalising the process would help get things moving along more
smoothly.

Chris