Alle 01:11 del 4/11/2009, John Vilsack ha scritto:
> While I appreciate all this newfound enthusiasm about planning,
> planning to plan, voting to meet, meeting to vote, and planning to
> plan a plan about voting to vote to meet if we need to vote on a
> meeting, I'm going to proceed with the meeting on November 11/12.

You decided, nobody else seems against your decision so ok, I will read the
IRC log later.

What I didn't understood is who you are? While other poster in this thread are
well know Ubuntu members with some kind of contribution this is not you.
Please forgive me and present yourself. Your Launchpad profile lack of
informations.

> The idea about organizing the Ubuntu Community Marketing Team is not
> new, and people have had more than enough opportunity to take this
> proverbial bull by the horns and help get things started here.  To see
> that it only begins to happen when someone else tries to first,
> saddens me.

It saddens me too, but I didn't stand up with sentences like "I decided" and
"I'm going to proceed".

I posted an objection about the day you decided: I will be travelling outside
my country that day, at my expenses, for the biggest event in Ubuntu
community: Ubuntu Developer Summit. Why my request of reconsidering the day of
the meeting isn't reasonable? Why to set up a meeting during UDS, with people
from many LoCos, isn't a good idea?

> I'm not attempting to usurp anyone's position or claim one for myself.

Neither do I. So let's play with community rules. I asked to move the day of
the IRC meeting. Please, answer me why not.

>  I'm offering the benefits of similar experience to help create a
> foundation others here can use.

Could you please show it to us these experiences. Maybe I miss a mail with it,
I'm so sorry.

> In the meantime, I politely bow out of this thread of the discussion,
> and will focus on the future and not your past.

I'm pretty new in this list. I posted here few times after last UDS. I'm not
aware about the past and why this team lack of activities. I would like to
focus on future too so give me the chance to partecipate in this thing.

Ciao
--
Paolo Sammicheli
EMail: xdatap1(at)ubuntu.com