On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 12:11 AM, John Vilsack <vils...@gmail.com> wrote:
> While I appreciate all this newfound enthusiasm about planning,
> planning to plan, voting to meet, meeting to vote, and planning to
> plan a plan about voting to vote to meet if we need to vote on a
> meeting, I'm going to proceed with the meeting on November 11/12.

My comments were not intended to encourage (nor did they in fact
encourage) the idea that you need to overplan a meeting or vote on
anything. I definitely think the team should have a meeting. But, I'm
simply encouraging the team to focus at the meeting on discussing how
to define your projects better, and how to get things done.

I'm not intending to contribute directly in the Ubuntu Marketing Team.
I'm simply, as an observer and Community Council member, trying to
help with a possible way of moving forward. The reason I intervened
was that I felt that there was too much talk about the need for
leaders, and not enough talk about the need to develop focused
projects for the team to work on. I've seen Paolo and others succeed
with this in the Italian Marketing Team, in very similar circumstances
to those which are currently challenging this team, and I believe that
it can work for this team too.

I think the point has been taken so I wish the team good luck with the
meeting and going forward. I'm happy, and I'm sure the whole Community
Council is too, to review the team's organization and planning
whenever appropriate, and to give advice. That's what we are here for,
to ensure that different areas of the community can develop in a
healthy and successful way, and I'm personally pleased to see the
marketing team giving it another crack.

--
Matthew East
http://www.mdke.org