FWIW the site and particularly the animated SVG is amazing, well done,
but my Firefox process in top is registering around 90% CPU usage and
my fans have kicked on this quite beefy laptop.

Also FWIW, I would put the site in place asap and not wait for some
grand future launch date. The sooner the new site is in place the sooner
folks can provide real world website feedback and design tweaks for the
next 9 months so it could be even technically better by 20.04 versus
holding back the release for some kind of marketing exercise.