On 7 February 2016 at 16:59, David Goldsbrough <da...@boavon.plus.com>
wrote:

> That sounds brilliant Daniel!
> Excuse the noob questions:-
> I guess I need to boot from a live CD to do this?
>  Will those steps destroy my data?  I appreciate a backup is always wise -
> its the restore that scares me!
> Bear in mind I have the original 60GB disk and have done very little on my
> new disk and I suppose I would not cry over any data loss during an fdisk
> Thanks DaveG

These steps should leave your data intact. You can probably do the process
from your normal system, but it might be better to do it via a live-cd so
that the root filesystem is not mounted and therefore less likely to get
its knickers in a twist (technical term :-p)

--
Regards,
    The Honeymonster Daniel Llewellyn