Greg Ungerer wrote:
> >Another is some handy programs (with no alternative) like iptables
> >don't work, because they depend heavily on loading shared libraries at
> >runtime.  (Or does that work?)
> It wasn't that hard to rework. Look at the code in
> uClinux/dist/iptables. At the top of the Makefile
> for example:
>
>   # uncomment this to get a fully statically linked version
>   NO_SHARED_LIBS = 1
>
> grep for NO_SHARED_LIBS to see the changes involved.

Thanks!  I totally missed this - when reading iptables source, the
assumption of shared libs looked rather prominent.  Glad I was wrong.
Please enjoy my public apology/retraction, cheers! :)

It still didn't compile as-is with my old kernel/uclibc, but this is
the level of normal problems to be expected.  MMU doesn't make any
difference to this :-)  With a little fiddling, I now having working
iptables.

Thanks again, :-)
-- Jamie