Jungshik Shin wrote:

>   Perhaps, both Mozilla/Netscape 6 and MS OE should have an option (
> 'toggle-switchable') to let users  specify that their preferred encoding
> (set in preference) be used by default regardless of the encoding of
> messages they're replying to.

It would be nice...

MS OE appeared to already have the option.  Under Tools-Options-
Send, there's a check-box for "Reply to messages using the format
in which they were sent".  Under Tools-Options-Send-International
Settings, there's a provision for the user to choose a default
encoding and a check-box to "Use the following default encoding for
outgoing messages:".  Even though this system was set up
accordingly, outgoing messages which were replies to messages
in non-UTF-8 encodings weren't being sent in UTF-8, to my
surprise, chagrin, and dismay.

Best regards,

James Kass.
​