From: "Marc Durdin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> AFAIK this would work at the system level.  I have experimented with using
> ligatures and not had any problems.  However (an unrelated problem), you
> would have problems with most applications as they do not handle plane 1
> characters correctly (even most of Microsoft's applications until Office
XP).

Well, this is of course a problem that would happen with any supplementary
character usage at all. :-)

> Of course, if you are planning to develop keyboard layouts for new
versions
> of Windows, you should probably be using the Text Services Framework
rather
> than the legacy keyboard DLLs.

Well, I am not convinced that this is the only way to get things done; it is
certainly not what the OS did for any of their Windows XP/.NET keyboards --
it simply looks like anotherway of doing things, easier for many purposes.

MichKa

Michael Kaplan
Trigeminal Software, Inc.  -- http://www.trigeminal.com/