At 03:07 AM 12/16/01, James Kass wrote:
>Tests run on non-BMP text show no problem for Plane One using
>UTF-8 encoding but error messages are generated when these
>characters are referenced as NCRs.

I have a Linear B font that I'm thinking about re-encoding for Unicode when
the proposal is approved, and I have some questions about current Plane One
usability that will affect my decision.

1. Does any currently and commonly available word processing software
access Plane One, for either entry or display?

2. How can I encode glyphs into Plane One? Is Fontlab 3 sufficient (I'm
assuming in any case that I'll have to change something by hand).

Mockingbird Font Works                  http://www.mockfont.com/