From: "James Kass" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Curtis Clark wrote,

> > 2. How can I encode glyphs into Plane One? Is Fontlab 3 sufficient (I'm
> > assuming in any case that I'll have to change something by hand).

> The latest version of Fontlab (just released) might enable non-BMP
> font construction, but I've not yet seen the documentation.
> Otherwise, as far as I know no font editor supports anything
> beyond U+FFFF.  So, it needs to be done by hand according to the
> OpenType specifications for the "cmap" table.

Actually, it should be possible to use UTF-16 and then treat a surrogate
pair the way you would treat any two code points that make a specific glyph?
The same trick could be used for keyboards as well, as far as I can see.

MichKa

Michael Kaplan
Trigeminal Software, Inc.  -- http://www.trigeminal.com/