Arthit Suriyawongkul <Arthit dot Suriyawongkul at Sun dot COM> wrote:

>> These 9 code positions (0xA0, 0xDB..0xDE, 0xFC..0xFF) appear to be
>> undefined in TIS 620.2533.  Reference [3] below does show a "word
>> separator character" at 0xDC, which I interpret as U+200B ZERO WIDTH
>> SPACE, but the other positions are still undefined.  So this may not
>
> does it mean 0xA0 / U+00A0 ?

As you mentioned in your other message, ISO/IEC 8859-11 does assign
U+00A0 NO-BREAK SPACE to code position 0xA0, but TIS 620 does not.

If you are asking whether the "word separator character" I mentioned
should be U+00A0, I don't think that would be a good idea for Thai since
U+00A0 is supposed to be rendered as a visible space (like U+0020) but
without breaking lines between the surrounding words.  My understanding
is that visible spaces are not used in Thai.  So U+00A0 would do exactly
the wrong thing for Thai, whereas U+200B would do the right thing
(indicating a word boundary without displaying a space).  This is also
officially recommended by the Unicode Standard.

-Doug Ewell
 Fullerton, California