Why are we wasting electrons and people's time talking about something so
absurd? Does _anybody_ think this is important?

This list has the potential to be a useful tool. I like to think that it has
the power to help us prepare for and combat crime as well as find out about
exciting activities and events going on in our neighborhood, but lately that's
not been the case. In the past month I don't think I've read more than five
useful or informative posts to this list, I might as well be reading fortune
cookies.

We've had a rash of muggings and vandalism the likes of which we haven't seen
here for a year, we've had descriptions of some of the muggers, we know that
windows are being broken along our streets on a regular basis. Can we divert
some attention to this as opposed to trying to pry between the lines of an
interview about a situation which has already resolved itself?

If people want to talk about what Lewis can do or is not doing, let's talk
about crime, how can we stop people from getting beaten up over a freaking cell
phone?

kc